You’ve found properties on the MLS you’re interested in seeing, we’ve set up your showings and we head out soon to see them! Before we go, here are a few tips to remember:
- Most sellers require you are pre-approved before being able to see their home.
- Sellers usually require 24 hours notice prior to showings. They may also put other limitations on showings such as no showings after 6pm or on Sundays, etc.
- If a lot of sunlight is important to you in a home, then try to do showings during daylight hours.
- Don’t assume we’ll be able to use the restroom so plan accordingly.
- Focus on the property not their furnishings, artwork, etc. as you’re buying the property not their stuff.
- Avoid touching furniture or personal items as we don’t want to be responsible should something break.
- Remind children not to play with the toys and things they see in the house.
- The home inspection comes AFTER a contract is agreed upon and signed by both the buyer and seller. During a typical showing we should not be in the crawl spaces, attic, etc.
- If sellers are home, be careful not to give too much away about yourself and why you’re buying as that information could hurt us later during the negotiation process.
- Bring drinks and snacks as looking at lots of homes can be grueling!
Generally the day before we are scheduled to look at homes I will get in touch with you about where we are meeting and when. If you prefer I pick you up and drive you, that’s perfectly fine, just let know.
Let’s go see some homes!